Some participants might want to take advantage of only one activity while others want to do a few sessions and many participants want to do everything, so we offer a la carte pricing with an all-activities package discount.
Please note the following:
– You can register for up to two manuscript critiques and/or up to two pitches without registering for any other activities.
– The Conference Package “All Activities” option, which includes two manuscript critiques, two pitches, one query letter critique, the editor Q&A panel, agent Q&A panel, and Friday workshop, provides an $80 discount.
– Payment is due via credit card, debit card, or PayPal at the end of the registration process. Failure to pay will result in the registration being cancelled. You must complete the registration and payment process within 60 minutes of starting in order for your registration to be recorded.
Participating in any of the paid conference activities entitles you to attend the two 45-minute talks by bestselling book collaborator, award-winning editor, and expert publishing consultant Ally Machate on Friday afternoon, the Friday night mixer, the four 75-minute mini-seminars by Becky Albertalli and Kimberly Brock on Saturday, and the Saturday award ceremony. NOTE: You must be a 2017 Atlanta Writers Club member to participate in the conference (i.e., your dues need to be current through May 13, 2017). If you are not a current member or need to renew your membership, the registration process automatically will add $50 annual dues–with membership valid for 365 days–to the total amount for the conference activities you select.
– Manuscript Critique on Saturday, May 13: $160 each (maximum of two spots/waitlists–no charge for waitlists unless there’s a cancellation that opens a spot for you)
– Pitch on Saturday, May 13: $60 each (maximum of two spots/waitlists–no charge for waitlists unless there’s a cancellation that opens a spot for you)
– Query Letter Critique on Friday, May 12: $60 (you may register for only one spot/waitlist–no charge for waitlists unless there’s a cancellation that opens a spot for you)
– Workshop presented by Ally Machate on “Polishing Your Work for Publication” on Friday, May 12: $60
– Editor Q&A Panel on Friday, May 12: $40
– Agent Q&A Panel on Saturday, May 13: $40
– The Conference Package “All Activities” option, which includes two manuscript critiques, two pitches, the query letter critique, the workshop, and both Q&A panels: $560 (an $80 discount)
To offset Atlanta Writers Club costs incurred for providing refunds, $10 per canceled activity will be withheld for any refunds given except for the Conference All-Activities Package, where there is a total refund fee of $60 if a registrant cancels the entire Conference All-Activities Package. The $50 dues for membership in the Atlanta Writers Club is NOT refundable–you will continue to receive all member benefits for the full 365-day term.
If you paid for a manuscript critique but cannot make it to the conference, to receive your refund you must cancel your registration through the Modify link sent to you in the registration confirmation e-mail–or notify Atlanta Writers Conference Director George Weinstein at firstname.lastname@example.org–no later than March 20, 2017; if you already submitted your materials for manuscript critique, you will not receive a refund but the editor’s/agent’s written comments will be sent to you. If you paid for a manuscript critique but do not submit your materials by the April 11, 2017 deadline, your registration for that activity will be cancelled with no refund given. For all other activities, to receive a refund you must cancel your registration through the Modify link sent to you in the registration confirmation e-mail–or notify Atlanta Writers Conference Director George Weinstein at email@example.com–no later than April 19, 2017.
Finally, if an editor/agent has to withdraw from the conference, we’ll enlist another editor/agent to fill the withdrawing guest’s place and we’ll confirm whether that individual will suit you for your manuscript critique or pitch. If we cannot enlist a substitute editor/agent you deem suitable, and no openings exist among any other editor/agent you prefer, you will receive a full refund for the manuscript critique or pitch regardless of the deadlines. Likewise, if the Friday workshop presenter cancels and the substitute presenter will not address the same topics, you will be given the option to receive a full refund for that activity regardless of the deadlines if you don’t want to attend this workshop with the new speaker and topics.
The Atlanta Writers Club uses a secure PayPal portal to process your credit or debit card payments. If you don’t have a PayPal account, you can enter your debit or credit card information and contact details instead. This will ensure a secure, worry-free transaction on the Internet.
You must pay online as part of the registration process in order for your registration to be recorded. Due to bounced checks and failures to pay prior to previous conferences, checks will not be accepted and grace periods for payment will not be granted.
Please contact George Weinstein at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to register?
View the Registration page for instructions.