Some participants might want to take advantage of only one activity while others want to do a few sessions and many participants want to do everything, so we offer a la carte pricing with an all-activities package discount.
Please note the following:
– You can register for up to two manuscript critiques and/or up to two pitches without registering for any other activities.
– The Conference Package “All Activities” option, which includes two manuscript critiques, two pitches, one query letter critique, the editor Q&A panel, agent Q&A panel, and Friday workshop, provides a $100 discount.
– Payment is due via credit card, debit card, or PayPal at the end of the registration process. Failure to pay will result in the registration being cancelled. You must complete the registration and payment process within 60 minutes of starting in order for your registration to be recorded.
Participating in any of the paid conference activities entitles you to attend the two 45-minute talks by lawyer and literary agent Paul Levine on Friday afternoon, the Friday night mixer, the four 75-minute mini-seminars by Mari Ann Stefanelli and Reagan Keeter on Saturday, and the Saturday award ceremony.
NOTE: You must be a 2017 Atlanta Writers Club (AWC) member to participate in the conference (i.e., your dues need to be current through November 4, 2017). If you are not a current member or need to renew your membership, the registration process automatically will add $50 annual dues–with membership valid for 365 days–to the total amount for the conference activities you select, as this conference was created by and for AWC members. The membership period of 365 days grants you access to two annual conferences, 12 AWC meetings, free workshops, and a writing contest with cash prizes. If you are not interested in the benefits of AWC membership, consider the $50 a nonrefundable conference registration fee.
– Manuscript Critique on Saturday, November 4: $170 each (maximum of two spots/waitlists–no charge for waitlists unless there’s a cancellation that opens a spot for you)
– Pitch on Saturday, November 4: $70 each (maximum of two spots/waitlists–no charge for waitlists unless there’s a cancellation that opens a spot for you)
– Query Letter Critique on Friday, November 3: $70 (you may register for only one spot/waitlist–no charge for waitlists unless there’s a cancellation that opens a spot for you)
– Workshop presented by Paul Levine on “Contracts 101 and Legal Issues for Writers” on Friday, November 3: $70
– Editor Q&A Panel on Friday, November 3: $50
– Agent Q&A Panel on Saturday, November 4: $50
– The Conference Package “All Activities” option, which includes two manuscript critiques, two pitches, the query letter critique, the workshop, and both Q&A panels: $620 (includes a $100 discount)
To offset Atlanta Writers Club costs incurred for providing refunds, $10 per canceled activity will be withheld for any refunds given except for the Conference All-Activities Package, where there is a total refund fee of $60 if a registrant cancels the entire Conference All-Activities Package. The $50 dues for membership in the Atlanta Writers Club is NOT refundable–you will continue to receive all member benefits for the full 365-day term.
If you paid for a manuscript critique but cannot make it to the conference, to receive your refund you must cancel your registration through the Modify link sent to you in the registration confirmation e-mail–or notify Atlanta Writers Conference Director George Weinstein at firstname.lastname@example.org–no later than September 11, 2017; if you already submitted your materials for manuscript critique, you will not receive a refund but the editor’s/agent’s written comments will be sent to you. If you paid for a manuscript critique but do not submit your materials by the October 3, 2017 deadline, your registration for that activity will be cancelled with no refund given. For all other activities, to receive a refund you must cancel your registration through the Modify link sent to you in the registration confirmation e-mail–or notify Atlanta Writers Conference Director George Weinstein at email@example.com–no later than October 13, 2017.
Finally, if an editor/agent has to withdraw from the conference, we’ll enlist another editor/agent to fill the withdrawing guest’s place and we’ll confirm whether that individual will suit you for your manuscript critique or pitch. If we cannot enlist a substitute editor/agent you deem suitable, and no openings exist among any other editor/agent you prefer, you will receive a full refund for the manuscript critique or pitch regardless of the deadlines. Likewise, if the Friday workshop presenter cancels and the substitute presenter will not address the same topics, you will be given the option to receive a full refund for that activity regardless of the deadlines if you don’t want to attend this workshop with the new speaker and topics.
The Atlanta Writers Club uses a secure PayPal portal to process your credit or debit card payments. If you don’t have a PayPal account, you can enter your debit or credit card information and contact details instead. This will ensure a secure, worry-free transaction on the Internet.
You must pay online as part of the registration process in order for your registration to be recorded. Due to bounced checks and failures to pay prior to previous conferences, checks will not be accepted and grace periods for payment will not be granted.
Please contact George Weinstein at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to register?
View the Registration page for instructions.