For the November 2-3, 2018 Atlanta Writers Conference, some participants might want to take advantage of only one activity while others want to do a few sessions and many participants want to do everything, so we offer a la carte pricing, with two all-activities package discount options.
Please note the following:
– You can register for up to two manuscript critiques and/or up to two pitches without registering for any other activities.
– The Conference Package “All Activities” option, which includes two manuscript critiques, two pitches, one query letter critique, the prep critique, editor Q&A panel, agent Q&A panel, and Friday workshop, provides a $175 discount. You can choose a package version that does not include the prep critique instead–the total price remains the same.
– Payment is due via credit card, debit card, or PayPal at the end of the registration process. Failure to pay will result in the registration being cancelled. You must complete the registration and payment process within 60 minutes of starting in order for your registration to be recorded.
Participating in any of the paid conference activities entitles you to attend the two 45-minute talks by Ricky Jones on Friday afternoon, the Friday night mixer, the four 75-minute mini-seminars by Grace Wynter and Roger Johns on Saturday, and the Saturday afternoon award ceremony and prize giveaways. NOTE: You must be a 2018 Atlanta Writers Club member to participate in the conference (i.e., your dues need to be current through November 3, 2018). If you are not a current member or need to renew your membership, the registration process automatically will add $50 annual dues–with membership valid for 365 days–to the total amount for the conference activities you select. Consider the $50 to be a nonrefundable registration fee if you don’t want AWC membership.
– Manuscript Critique on Saturday, November 3, with submission due on October 2, 2018: $170 each (maximum of two spots/waitlists–no charge for waitlists unless there’s a cancellation that opens a spot for you)
– Pitch on Saturday, November 3: $70 each (maximum of two spots/waitlists–no charge for waitlists unless there’s a cancellation that opens a spot for you)
– Query Letter Critique on Friday, November 2: $70 (you may register for one spot/waitlist–no charge for waitlists unless there’s a cancellation that opens a spot for you)
– Author Website Workshop presented by Ricky Jones on Friday, November 2: $70
– Editor Q&A Panel on Friday, November 2: $50
– Agent Q&A Panel on Saturday, November 3: $50
– Prep Critique with freelance editor of your choice, with submission due on August 8, 2018: $75 (you may register for one spot/waitlist–no charge for waitlists unless there’s a cancellation that opens a spot for you)
– The Conference Package “All Activities” option, which includes two manuscript critiques, two pitches, the query letter critique, prep critique by a freelance editor, workshop, and both Q&A panels: $620 (a $175 discount, as the prep critique and both Q&A panels are free; if you choose the Conference Package “All Activities” option without the prep critique, the price remains $620). NOTE: if you select any waitlist spots, there’s no charge for these, so your total will be based on the spots you pick where there are current openings. Use the contact link below if you’d like to present your picks to the conference director, so he can confirm your actual total based on current manuscript critique and pitch availability.
To offset Atlanta Writers Club costs incurred for providing refunds, $10 per canceled activity will be withheld for any refunds given except for the Conference All-Activities Package, where there is a total refund fee of $60 if a registrant cancels the entire Conference All-Activities Package before the manuscript critique deadline (see below). The $50 dues for membership in the Atlanta Writers Club (or registration fee if you don’t want AWC membership) is NOT refundable–you will continue to receive all member benefits for the full 365-day term.
If you paid for a manuscript critique but cannot make it to the conference, to receive your refund you must cancel your registration through the Modify link sent to you in the registration confirmation e-mail–or notify Atlanta Writers Conference Director George Weinstein at email@example.com–no later than September 10, 2018; if you already submitted your materials for manuscript critique, you will not receive a refund but the editor’s/agent’s written comments will be sent to you. If you paid for a manuscript critique but do not submit your materials by the October 2, 2018 deadline, your registration for that activity will be cancelled with no refund given. The prep critique must be canceled by July 25, 2018, with no work submitted, to receive a refund. For all other activities, to receive a refund you must cancel your registration through the Modify link sent to you in the registration confirmation e-mail–or notify Atlanta Writers Conference Director George Weinstein at firstname.lastname@example.org–no later than October 10, 2018.
Finally, if an editor/agent has to withdraw from the conference, we’ll enlist another editor/agent to fill the withdrawing guest’s place and we’ll confirm whether that individual will suit you for your manuscript critique or pitch. If we cannot enlist a substitute editor/agent you deem suitable, and no openings exist among any other editor/agent you prefer, you will receive a full refund for the manuscript critique or pitch regardless of the deadlines. Likewise, if the Friday workshop presenter cancels and the substitute presenter will not address the same topics, you will be given the option to receive a full refund for that activity regardless of the deadlines if you don’t want to attend this workshop with the new speaker and topics.
The Atlanta Writers Club uses a secure PayPal portal to process your credit or debit card payments. If you don’t have a PayPal account, you can enter your debit or credit card information and contact details instead. This will ensure a secure, worry-free transaction on the Internet.
You must pay online as part of the registration process in order for your registration to be recorded. Due to bounced checks and failures to pay prior to previous conferences, checks will not be accepted and grace periods for payment will not be granted.
Please contact Atlanta Writers Conference Director George Weinstein at email@example.com